Nice little surprise this. Basically a cold, crunchy thai salad. I think my dad is starting to get adventurous with his cooking! Get yourself down to Akrams for the papaya.
- 1 small green papaya, OR 1/2 large (your papaya should be very firm, the flesh white to light orange in color)
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted peanuts OR plain roasted, or glazed cashews.
- 1-2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 to 2 tomatoes, cut into long thin strips
- 1 red chili, minced (seeds removed if you prefer a milder salad)
- 3 spring onions, sliced into long matchstick-like pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped if leaves are large