Pork Belly Chorizo Red Wine Smoked Paprika

An oldie but a firm fave, simply can’t beat it. Whipped up a cheeky side of garlic bread too…living the dream.

Ingredients.
750g piece of boneless pork belly , skin removed
olive oil
130g lardons
1 large onion , chopped
1 celery, chopped
2 garlic cloves , roughly chopped
1 tsp hot smoked paprika
200g chorizo , roughly chopped
400g tin chopped tomatoes
150ml red wine
400g haricot or cannellini beans , drained and rinsed

Method.
Heat the oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3. Cut the pork belly into large chunks. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large, ovenproof casserole and fry the pork in batches over a high heat until browned all over, then remove with a slotted spoon.
Add the lardons and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden, then reduce the heat slightly and add the onion, celery and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Stir in the paprika and chorizo and cook for a minute or so. Return the pork to the pan and tip in the tomatoes. Pour in the wine and enough water just to cover – about 350ml. Season, cover and cook in the oven for 2 hours. Stir in the haricot beans and return to the oven, without the lid, for 20-30 minutes. Serve with crusty bread.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Recipe. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Pork Belly Chorizo Red Wine Smoked Paprika

1. Mother says:

What happened to the skin?

2. Mother says:

How about roasting it til crisp, whiz zing it in the robot then mixing wih panko to use as the ultimate savoury crumble topping?

3. Charlie says:

Get your own food blog woman! x

4. Julia deK says:

hee hee!

5. Julia deK says:

also.. looks yum!

6. Sarraceniac says:

Had to change all this. Had no belly pork but a great pork shank. Had no bacon lardons until I remembered I had a pack of streaky bacon in the fridge. It worked out great, especially when I remembered I had a packet of Spanish smoked paprika that I had no idea what to do with. Had no chorizo (which I love) but did without and put in some home made sausage. The best recipes you can do your own thing. This is one of them. Superb.

7. Sarraceniac says:

I know I’m nearly a year late but I want to point out to Mother that I took the skin off my shank -oops (but it didn’t hurt much) and left it outside for the birds. They loved it.